Facebook sounds just started.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I didn't realize this was a widespread thing. I thought it was just me. That makes me feel a lot better. But no, no sounds here yet.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I just heard Facebook give me a sound with a notification there.

Anyone else had one/any?
Still nothing for me. Now it is facebook, instagram, foursquare and a ton of other apps that i cant hear notifications from. Did you guys who have gotten a notification sound do anything to your phone? I know it is not a big deal to not hear the sound, but it drives me nuts. I think its the fact that it does not work and i am so used to it working.

chenks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Still nothing for me. Now it is facebook, instagram, foursquare and a ton of other apps that i cant hear notifications from. Did you guys who have gotten a notification sound do anything to your phone? I know it is not a big deal to not hear the sound, but it drives me nuts. I think its the fact that it does not work and i am so used to it working.
Facebook still is sporadic, i've had 2 audible notifications today, but still silent ones also.

Instagram - i don't think that has audible notifications? I've certainly never had any since it launched.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Facebook still is sporadic, i've had 2 audible notifications today, but still silent ones also.

Instagram - i don't think that has audible notifications? I've certainly never had any since it launched.
Instagram did have audible notifications. Because at least for me, it would make that text sound whenever someone commented on my instagram pics. So far like i said before foursquare, twitter, facebook, instagram, chase, ebay, text msgs, and email do not make a noise at all. It is weird cause it seems like everyday a new app stops making noise. Basically the only thing i can get sounds from is games, like words with friends. Anything else is silent.

ben824

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2012
GA
I got my first notification noise and vibration for facebook on my iPhone 5 since I got it on launch day. Before the notification would come in and show up on the screen but no noise or vibration alert. Can't say if it will continue but thats a change from before.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
No sound from notifications for me now. Even text and email are silent now. Not sure what is happening. I tried to do everything, including a DFU restore and set up as new. And that did not help either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.