Facebook sounds just started.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by sparky1499, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499

I just heard Facebook give me a sound with a notification there.

Anyone else had one/any?

2. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

3. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

4. calvy macrumors 65816

I didn't realize this was a widespread thing. I thought it was just me. That makes me feel a lot better. But no, no sounds here yet.

5. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Ha just told my wife that she's not crazy and other people are having this problem. I realized about a week after her i wasn't getting the sounds either.

6. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Still nothing for me. Now it is facebook, instagram, foursquare and a ton of other apps that i cant hear notifications from. Did you guys who have gotten a notification sound do anything to your phone? I know it is not a big deal to not hear the sound, but it drives me nuts. I think its the fact that it does not work and i am so used to it working.

7. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

Facebook still is sporadic, i've had 2 audible notifications today, but still silent ones also.

Instagram - i don't think that has audible notifications? I've certainly never had any since it launched.

8. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Instagram did have audible notifications. Because at least for me, it would make that text sound whenever someone commented on my instagram pics. So far like i said before foursquare, twitter, facebook, instagram, chase, ebay, text msgs, and email do not make a noise at all. It is weird cause it seems like everyday a new app stops making noise. Basically the only thing i can get sounds from is games, like words with friends. Anything else is silent.

9. sparky1499 thread starter macrumors regular

sparky1499

After the one or two last night I've had no more :eek:(

10. TedM macrumors 6502

I only get sounds when people try to chat with me on their site. Its annoying.

11. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

At least you guys are getting some sort of notification. I don't get anything at all.

12. ben824 macrumors regular

I got my first notification noise and vibration for facebook on my iPhone 5 since I got it on launch day. Before the notification would come in and show up on the screen but no noise or vibration alert. Can't say if it will continue but thats a change from before.

13. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

No sound from notifications for me now. Even text and email are silent now. Not sure what is happening. I tried to do everything, including a DFU restore and set up as new. And that did not help either.

14. CK1Czar macrumors member

None for me and I haven't upgraded to iOS 6. I'm still on 5.1.1