Facebook sucks... on SAFARI!! (logs me out instantly)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Yes we ALL know the facebook app has been AWFUL since the past update. No arguments there.

But I have tried accessing the facebook site on the safari mobile web browser, both mobile version and full site, and I fail miserably. I am able to log in... but then after about 5 seconds it tells me that I need to log in! everytime I log myself in on either version I am unable to stay logged in for more than 5, 7, at MOST 10 seconds!

So much for using safari as a secondary option because the app sucks...

Has ANYONE else been experiencing this? All my sarafi settings are set to default :mad:

Edit: Ok, not to be rude, but I don't really care if your fb app is working or not. Apparently people have had a wide range of experiences about this. But I what I want to know is if your facebook works while using your mobile safari?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    This is just a wild guess, but are you logged into facebook messenger from somewhere else like adium? Because I know that whenever my facebook account is online in adium, even if I am on a computer on facebook.com I get logged out constantly.

3. gibbz macrumors 68030

This even happens to me on my MacBook. I will sporadically be logged out. I think Facebook has gotten a bit big for their britches and need to address some quality control.

4. a27 macrumors regular

This has not been my experience.

5. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Well consider yourself one of the lucky few... I mean just look at the fb app complain threads that have been popping up over the past few weeks. I think there are about 4 or 5.

Nope, I don't use anything like that...

6. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

No problems over here, The app has actually been working very well for me.. and the times I log in through Safari, the only issue I've had is if I'm accessing it via edge, it takes forever to load, which is a given..

Do you have your phone jailbroken?? perhaps there's something causing a conflict somewhere..

7. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Nope, I tried it for a little over a week right before 2.2 came out. Created too much slowness and buginess for my tastes. It also causes a light leak at the bottom of my screen. Didn't find anything all that useful. The only thing i miss is the 5 icon dock... :(

8. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Sorry homie ... my facebook app works fine as well.

Have you tried rebooting? Restoring?

9. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

rebooting yes, because this has been my occurance for about two months. so many times over. I haven't restored since I updated to 2.2 though. (I was previously jailbroken)

10. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

You do realise how many people use the iPhone facebook app right? I know around 20 who definitely do not post here and could almost guarantee that for every thread here of problems with the app, there are 100 or more without problems.
    That's not an excuse for the app, because even if there is one thread, there is obviously something wrong with it. I just think you should open your mind beyond these forums a little more.
    Dan

11. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Well thank you for enlightening me and opening my mind!!!! I don't know why I would ever imagine just because I use the fb app every single day multiple timse a day and because it has magically been messing up multiple times a day every single day that there could be something wrong with it. Or the fact that whenever I get on macrumors the past few weeks I constantly see threads from other people complaining about it and reafirming my views. Perhaps before I make any comment I should take a poll of a hundred iphone users to make sure that I am correct before I make sweeping generalizations. Or maybe it doesn't matter BECAUSE THAT'S NOT EVEN WHAT I WAS DUCKING ASKING ABOUT!!!!!! How about you open your eyes and read what I was saying. The point of my thread is about the safari facebook. I even clarified long before you posted that I don't CARE if your fb app is working. Because mine ISN'T!! and so people have recommended using the regular facebook, but my point is that mine DOESN'T WORK EITHER! What was even the point of your post anyway? Trying to scold me for making generalizations based upon my experiences and macrumors threads? Who cares? Go troll somewhere else.

12. doug0365 macrumors member

Don't listen to Spooky since HE obviously doesn't know what he is talking about because its plain as daylight that the facebook application is curently broken, so do us a favor Mad mac stay out of this thread if you have nothing helpful to contribute. The Facebook App has been acting up alot on me and not just what you read on this forms but actual people that download and use the app and if you read there reviews of the apps they mentioned pretty much everything that has been going on.. The truth is that developer has to update facebook because ever since 2.2 it has gotten to the point where its pretty much useless since I find my self constantly going opening/closing just to be able to read update on facebook..

13. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

The facebook app got an update last night. Go update it and maybe it'll fix whatever problem you're having.

I didn't say it was working flawlessly, I was pointing out that what the other poster said was complete bull.

Yes, I DID accuse you of making generalisations based on macrumors threads and your experiences since what you said seemed to imply that you hadn't stepped out of that bubble. Apologies for offending you, but also recommend you talking to some people more nicely -it'll get you further than yelling you don't care and stomping your feet.

The facebook app was updated, so give the new version a go.
    As for answering your question directly: The facebook page doesn't work so well under safari because they are working on making the iPhone facebook app more stable, not facebook over mobile safari.
    I'd be interested to see how many people use facebook over mobile safari vs. the application. Maybe that'd clear some things up (with regards to the development of the app vs. the actual page)?
    Dan x