Facebook Timeline Chat Crashing new AIR

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by janestrain, May 3, 2012.

1. janestrain macrumors newbie

:mad: The devil is FB. I have had one computer crash because of FB Chat Issues. I got a fix on it for the Mac when I was at my godson's house taking a nap and when I woke up, STUPID me, on his PC fixed the damn thing with the FB fix. on the stupid Bill Gates stolen from Steve Jobs machine.

I know you can uninstall Timeline with Google Chrome a browser I refuse to put on a Mac, I mean, hello, Safari was written for Mac. I do not want to uninstall timeline, I just want to fix my chat/messaging issues that slows my three day old computer that googles in nanoseconds to a crawl and I have to reboot the damn thing that does so in less than a second.

Am gonna post this in all Mac Forums. It anyone has a fix for this, I can not go through mounds of Facebook crap to figure this out, I am a simple end user, I just a want to use this Miraculous Machine in PEACE.

Please help. My new 'expensive' computer is at risk.

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I, fortunately, still don't have that timeline crap. But Facebook is the laggiest website I visit!!! Everything else is smooth and fast to scroll thru, but Facebook is like scrolling thru mud!! Whatever background crap they have running is awful!

BTW, Facebook chokes my 8-core 10GB Mac Pro too...so it has nothing to do with the computer.

3. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

This doesn't make any sense to me, is English your first language?

You cannot 'uninstall' Timeline. Period. There may be a Chrome extension that scripts it away, or uses an unsupported call to get the older Wall back, but those will only serve to slow you down further. Google Chrome is a great browser (that was also 'written for the mac'). Chrome has a much larger market share than Safari and as such, web developers will invest more time optimizing for Chrome than Safari. The speed of Google search has a lot more to do with Google than it does your computer. Take a look at some of the recent press on Google Instant Search.

Your computer is not at risk. The best diagnostic step you could take at this point would be to install chrome (http://www.google.com/chrome) and log into Facebook from that browser. Please do so and get back.

4. janestrain, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012

janestrain thread starter macrumors newbie

Gentle Fury...

You crack me up. I have another message. The person says, I paraphrase, This doesn't make sense, is English your first language. I'm a published AUTHOR!!!!

I just have simple Chat issue. Love the way Timeline looks, really works for me, that idiot, whatever his name is rolled out Timeline with an OR ELSE! Well, I happen to know that the reason the keep extending the deadline is FB has been sued due to Copyright Infringement on the Trademarked name Timeline. Don't do it whatever you do, I used to just post pictures of babies. Now I'm posting poetry giving up my copyright, I'm marrying ROFL fake movie stars on it...I am fine on my Macbook Air. I went to the Genuis Bar cause it was $50 cheaper as opposed to online. Told Ashley my saleswoman that I was claustrophobic and had to do this get out (the store was filled to capacity with wannabes, a woman with her laptop taking notes). She presses a button on the tiny kiosk in front of me, do you have any question, no, she presses a button on her Mac Sales Device, she comes back in forty seconds. I hand her my credit card and license, she didn't look at them, she did a magic trick, a slight of hand. We looked at cases, I am not a girly girl I say, she gave me a bag, in the crowd I found my godson, he had found out how to get a job, I was in and out of there in literally FOUR MINUTES FLAT.

5. janestrain thread starter macrumors newbie

My Oxford English....

Just a quick note, I wanted to put that dude or dudette in their place, and every time I try, it brings me to you. I have friends all over the world. I need to chat. I'm moving to Costa Rica within six months. I have Skype but try talking to friends in Indonesia in Sudanese. On their smart phone posting on his page, i got in touch with a friend, well she friended me, she was going to university, so I thought she could interpret for me. We chat, much better English and she translates and I can post on his page. She and my friend EKa are hysterical. Her mother is Angelina Joile (and then some Sudanese name) EKa and I converse in movie stars, Obama, cougar love, George Clooney, Ashton Kuther and Demi Moore. So I'm online on my old computer that Timeline TRASHED. And she comes on the chat from Indonesia, like miracle I was running smoothly again. I have use FB. I like Timeline. I don't want to unstall it, its the Chat Issue that when I logged on from a PC I got a fix. I was in a fog from a nap. I went thru the clicks cause I thought it would never show up again. Not my IP address, not my Mac on a stupid Window machine. So, yeah, me and a quick note do not get along. So, I will look further into this on another day, so much on my plate, my one week old computer BOGGING IN THE MUD only on messaging and chatting, I have beat the system, I chat in the message box, but still I type faster than it will endure, The Social Network guy, is his name Justin Timberlake, maybe I'll ask Indonesia. Thanks again for making me laugh. But I don't want to hide timeline, I want the chat fix back that they gave me. And it's lost in TIMELINE HELL!

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I'm just gonna say it. This thread is ridiculous. OP, try a forum in your native language. If you're a "published AUTHOR", you know better than to write like you're posting through a bad online translation program.

jW

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

The new version of Skype allows you to log in and chat on your facebook account...that's how I FB chat now.

8. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

Facebook chat is just XMPP, there are about a million clients that support it, including the built in iChat.