Facebook update flawed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikee336, Jul 1, 2010.

1. mikee336 macrumors member

Did anyone elses facebook stop pushing updates or even notifying you of any when you open the app unless you refresh? Or was it just me? Maybe a fresh install would help.

2. Luminyx macrumors member

I'm have a separate issue with the new update. I can't "click" (or tap) anything. Sometimes when it loads, it works. Most of them time though, it's frozen and I cannot click on anything.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm having the opposite effect I'm now actually getting push notifications since the update lol

4. broncopde macrumors 6502

Is it still set up for notifications in Settings>Notifications>Facebook? Maybe it reset that for some reason.

5. nyisles84 macrumors regular

I still get the occasional push notification as usual. But what I am annoyed at is now that it supports quick app switching, it doesnt update the feed or anything when I o into it unless I d it manually. I find myself having to just x it out in the quick task bar so it'll refresh itself next time I open it. That needs to be adressed

6. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I think manual refreshing is dumb "feature" to add too.

7. phrint macrumors 6502

The Facebook app has gone to hell since Joe Hewitt,the original developer, left last year. There have been new issues since every update only to have more issues once the original ones have been addressed in a prior update. The Facebook app used to be the standard for the store. Now it's just as substandard as thousands more.

8. ballerchild macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue intermittently. Some days I get all my notifications, yet on others I get nothing. Any ideas on a fix? Remove and reinstall?

9. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

10. srazz macrumors regular

srazz

+1

11. h00ligan macrumors 68030

+1

12. maccauni macrumors member

I've stopped receiving facebook push notifications since the update also. My un-updated 3G is still receiving them fine.

13. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I noticed mine doesn't auto update anymore either since the update. I have enabled shake to update, so a quick shake will get things updated as soon as I open the app. It'll have to do until facebook fixes this.

14. poose22 macrumors member

I have both issues on my i4 where i am no longer getting notification popups (verified they're still ON), and FB doesn't automatically load any updates when opening the program.

15. stuckinneutral macrumors member

Actually i think it should NOT refresh automatically. Ill give you my thinking... im scrolling through facebook updates, and i need to check my email so i do, then i come back to facebook - I want to start where I was and keep scrolling through updates. If it refreshed when i came back, id have to scroll who knows how far to get where i was in reading.. I see why you might want it in there but this is simple, when you switch back to facebook SHAKE your iPhone and it will refresh :)