Facebook Updated?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kfresh, Jan 8, 2009.

1. kfresh macrumors newbie

I use the app a lot and since the 2.2 iPhone software update it has been dodgy. I get lots of white screen and some crashes. I just got a notification that Facebook was updated but still says is version 2.0. I downloaded it anyway and it seems to have fixed my problems. Anyone else?

2. longdogs macrumors regular

I'm not sure. I got notified of an update and downloaded. The times are still off for me though. Some of the Top Stories updates seem ok, but others are way-off : old stories allegedly 2 minutes old for example. Wall posts still seem 8 hours off. Maybe new stuff added will be accurate.

3. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

4. kfresh thread starter macrumors newbie

I must have caught it the moment it was updating or something because it's definitely fixed for me. Just not showing the correct version number in the store. I remember the Google update doing the same thing. Oh well, looks like it's loading much faster and is much more stable. All I need now is access to groups, search for friends and be able to see friends of friends and it's 5 star all the way.

5. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I think it's possible to search for people on facebook to add them. Just go to your Friends tab and search for any name.

Is that what you mean?

6. kfresh thread starter macrumors newbie

Doh, thanks for the tip. It just got even better.

7. KRAPPS macrumors 6502

KRAPPS

Thank goodness they fixed the double friends bug ... that was freaking driving me nuts!! :p

8. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So I installed the new facebook and whenever I open it up the app crashes before it even loads anything!

9. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Delete the app, and reinstall it.

10. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Worked. :)

11. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Yes, a new update is out. I just downloaded and installed it and it works a thousand times better than before!
    Thanks FaceBool! Go update your apps guys! :D

12. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Ok, so now instead of the multiple friend bug it says I don't have any friends but still shows my online friends under chat.

13. madmads macrumors regular

Hummm well now the status updates for me, rather than saying '8 hours ago' now ALL day 2 mintues ago or less!!!

Grrr.

14. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

update working fine for me. btw, the developer said that the update was pushed earlier than they expected so some stuff might not work initially cause they needed a few hours to update their servers too.

15. reubs macrumors 68000

One thing I noticed is that I changed my status last night, and someone commented on it. Instead of saying, " ____________ commented on your status", it instead says, " ____________ commented on your posted story."

A slight bug, but a bug nonetheless.

16. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

17. leishan macrumors 6502

18. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Not entirely. The page says that all of the timestamp issues have been corrected, but I still see on one screen that something was updated at 4:26 PM, while another screen shows the same item updated at the correct time of 1:26 PM.

So there is yet work to be done.

19. cwosigns macrumors 65816

My time stamps were working fine until tonight, and now everything is "3 hours ago." Freaking irritating. How hard can it be to get this right?