Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
I'm "new" to Facebook, joined July-2009.
I've been uploading say 3-5 photos to Facebook via iPhoto here and there, works fine.
Have about 14-16 Facebook (FB) albums total, neat to tag people in Facebook.

Recently our High School is using Facebook (FB) to organize our 30th HS reunion, yea I'm class of 1980.

What happened is I uploaded scanned picts, tagged people to their image in them inside FB, and we have fun ID'ing the unknown people we've forgotten.
Everything was fine until in iPhoto I decided to just combine photos in the events album. All of a sudden iPhoto has a hotlink to FB and ALL the name tags in FB got wiped away. The photos were still in their FB albums, just their tags "poof" gone. Major :(

So, this is a general warning to all iPhoto users who upload to FB.
Be careful.

I've since to "break" the sync links:
-disconnected my Mac from internet
-deleted the FB album in iPhoto that appears when you upload, this removed the sync connection iPhoto>FB
-re-connect Mac to internet

If I tried to remove the FB album in iPhoto while connected to the internet iPhoto acted sluggish/etc, and I was afraid of losing other FB ID tags.

Sharing my experience here so others can learn.
Re-tagging people takes time, and then in FB appears as "new" action again, and people wonder what the heck you are doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.