Facebook video not supported

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac'nCheese, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

So I just shot a quick video on my iphone, uploaded it using the facebook app on my iphone, went to facebook using the app on my iphone and i get this alert: SORRY THIS VIDEO CANNOT BE PLAYED BECAUSE IT IS IN A FORMAT THAT THIS DEVICE DOES NOT SUPPORT. I could have sworn that I have uploaded iphone videos before and watched them on fb on my iphone before. Am I crazy? Doing something wrong?

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I was having same issue. I think with the recent update they managed to screw up something

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

If it ain't broke..... Hopefully this will get fixed in the next update and that one won't screw up anything else.

4. Dinky2 macrumors newbie

Video does not play on iPhone

Exactly the same problem here. Cann't remember updating the Facebook app though.... These guys really should do something about change management. :mad:

5. needthephone macrumors 6502a

To me Facebook got lucky, There were lots of similar social network sites out there and fb happened to be the one everyone went with.
    Its got nothing to do with their product which at least on the iphone stinks.

Its a lazy implentation and they seem to make such a meal out of it. The latest update includes new access to privacy settings so what does it do. It opens the actual facebook web site within the app- its horrible forcing you to pinch and zoom and move across the page.

Just what the iphone group does at facebook is just lazy, I think they are resting on their laurels and partying as the facebook iphone app is in general shocking beyond belief.

Video uploading
    Settings on who sees posts- why can't tehy be changed on an ad hoc basis
    photo uploading (why just one photo forcing you to get a batch loader photo app which never works)

I could go on but facebook are just lazy

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Sometimes I when use the app, I see all the comments post by people, other times, some of the more recent comments that I saw, have disappeared and come back later. I also hate how if I look at a post through an email reminder, the notification doesn't go away that I have a new post. I get all monkish and have to then recheck the post through the new notification.