Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone try this tweak? I know it's free, but I thought I'd ask before trying it. Does it work well? Cause any issues? I use the RecentFacebook tweak now, does Facebook++ offer to open directly to the Recent feed also? What other options does it have besides the few listed. It says many more features.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Anyone try this tweak? I know it's free, but I thought I'd ask before trying it. Does it work well? Cause any issues? I use the RecentFacebook tweak now, does Facebook++ offer to open directly to the Recent feed also? What other options does it have besides the few listed. It says many more features.

I've used several Facebook tweaks, and unfortunately they all suck, because FB updates so frequently the app devs don't do a good enough job keeping up and the app gets broken.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Good point

The two clicks it takes for me to get to "Most Recent" outweighs the 3-4 times a month they update the app and the tweak takes 4-5 days to update, thus causing me 4-5 times a month where I have to go in and uninstall the tweak to make Facebook usable until the app dev fixes it.

Definitely not a must-have tweak. On a scale of 1 to 10 its usefulness is about a 2... in comparison to others.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
The two clicks it takes for me to get to "Most Recent" outweighs the 3-4 times a month they update the app and the tweak takes 4-5 days to update, thus causing me 4-5 times a month where I have to go in and uninstall the tweak to make Facebook usable until the app dev fixes it.

Definitely not a must-have tweak. On a scale of 1 to 10 its usefulness is about a 2... in comparison to others.

The tweak RecentFacebook, it only does that, but it has not needed to be updated since I've installed it. Even after Facebook app updates.

LosLoco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Congrats then because you're the only one.

Nope, he's not...

I installed RecentFacebook a while back, at least two or three FB-updates has come and past and none have broken RecentFacebook (which haven't been updated in the meantime)

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010

Works the same as if it was the stock Facebook app, but offers more abilities. No more second app to send messages is the bonus for me. I did update Facebook and it still works well with the tweak.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Nope, he's not...

I installed RecentFacebook a while back, at least two or three FB-updates has come and past and none have broken RecentFacebook (which haven't been updated in the meantime)

Same here. No issues with RecentFacebook after any of the updates to the Facebook app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.