Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Does everyone who has Facebook have long backup times? My wife has it on her phone and I do not, Her Backup takes like an hour, Mine takes like 10 Seconds. The only difference in our phones is Music and the Facebook App. We both have Mobile Me.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Just use iphone.facebook.com if you want it fully working. Might be missing some features the app has but the app has been taking a crap on itself recently.

efice32

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2008
Music City USA
Oddly, all my status updates say they have been updated 3 hours ago. :confused:

That's been a bug in the latest release of the facebook app for a while. Hopefully they'll fix it with the next app update (if that ever happens).

and for the sake of discussion...I have the facebook app and my backups are quick as well.

pauliphone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
London, UK
in order for the chat to work you need to make sure that when you use facebook on your pc/mac that you leave yourself online in the bottom right.
If you put yourself as offline and then exit fb you will be offline on the iphone so won't be able to use the chat...

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
recently I noticed my FB app not working. Sometimes it will just show blank. Other times it clocks. Times have always been wrong... I have to quit and reopen to make the FB app work.

Also anyone use vlingo? I can't use it to update status. It just keeps saying can not find host. Frustrating :mad:

macaco74

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
recently I noticed my FB app not working. Sometimes it will just show blank. Other times it clocks. Times have always been wrong... I have to quit and reopen to make the FB app work.

Also anyone use vlingo? I can't use it to update status. It just keeps saying can not find host. Frustrating :mad:

Same here - waiting for this annoying bug to get addressed...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.