FaceID not working in bed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1042457, Nov 5, 2017.

1. 1042457 macrumors newbie

this is my 2nd morning and I am unable to make Face ID work when in bed. For some reason as soon as I either put my glasses on or my contacts in it works. I did the calibration with contacts in. Could that be why?

X

2. MannyC macrumors member

For me, I find that it has to be a certain distance from my face to work in bed with my glasses on or off.

3. TruBleu macrumors regular

Don't keep the phone too close to your face and make sure your phone is angled to align with your face.... i.e., phone is horizontal to align with your face if you're lying on your side

4. Marshall73 macrumors 68000

Marshall73

No problems this morning. Was able to unlock whilst lying down both with and without my glasses on.

5. Dukeie macrumors member

Dukeie

Strangely enough I find smiling helps in bed to unlock it.

6. MyNamesNotBob macrumors newbie

Works for fine for me, borrowed wife’s glasses and it works. I can confirm it doesn’t work when I’m under the covers and it’s not.

I also unlocked my wife’s by holding it at her face and waking her up, which seems a worry.

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Get ready for a baby boom in about 9 months.

8. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

I set mine up with glasses off. Works fine when I am in bed, and works fine when I put my glasses on. Also make sure when you set up faceID, go slow. There is no time limit. Rotate your head in all directions slowly. Do it slowly twice. I have a feeling some people are doing it too quickly and have issues.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2017 ---
    If attention detection is off, you can keep your eyes closed and it will work.