Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rehanabdul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Is anybody here experiencing quite some delay when swiping up to unlock on the iPhone X?

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
Nope. When you first got your iPhone X, you were so amazed by Face ID and the speed didn't really distract you. Now it has been some good time, and you are use to Face ID, thus you are less amazed and more concerned about practicality and speed (things that did not concern you at first)

Reactions: rehanabdul

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Is anybody here experiencing quite some delay when swiping up to unlock on the iPhone X?

It's meant to adapt to your face over time and change its model of you as your face changes. If it's somehow gotten the wrong impression it could slow it down. Or if it's adapting its model. You might want to do a re-scan though if it's quite bade.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
The only thing I notice with faceid. Is some of the apps will lock you out if it doesn’t recognize your face. For example. With chase if you try to look at it a couple times. And it doesn’t unlock. When I’ve tried to manually enter in my password after. It says I can’t cause I’ve tried to unlock the app with too many unsuccessful attempts. And that I need to reset my password at that point. It’s been very frustrating when you try to use faceid to unlock an app. Only to find out it failed. And you get a message saying at this point you must reset your password.

Treyhunna

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2017
some games create a swipe lag. unlocking to words with friends 2 causes a delay for me. other apps work fine. but im sure there are more that do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.