FaceLaunch - FaceTime, Skype & Twitter Photo Dialer *Now with Group Email & SMS!*

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Holosynthetic, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Holosynthetic, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

Holosynthetic macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

FaceLaunch is an app I recently released for iPhone & iPod touch that is a visual contacts managers with the purpose of launching popular apps like FaceTime, Skype, Maps, and the iPhone's native Phone app. It is also possible to quickly start an email or SMS conversation in the app.

The app offers a design inspired by Windows Phone 7, using lots of colorful yet simple icons and big photo's of the people you want to get in contact with. Adding a person to the app is as simple as taking their picture with the device's camera, or importing a photo through the device's photo library.

It is now available for $0.99! Check it out!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/facelaunch/id430649331?mt=8

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Holosynthetic thread starter macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

Yesterday evening I uploaded an update to FaceLaunch for review that changes a few things. In the new update it will be possible to launch Skype for calling or chatting. I've also refined the code responsible for launching FaceTime and made a few other nice additions. The update should be available soon!

3. Holosynthetic thread starter macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

I wanted to let everyone know that FaceLaunch 1.0.1 is now available on the App Store for download. Take advantage of the new enhancements for connecting to a Skype or FaceTime call or chat!

4. Holosynthetic thread starter macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

After releasing the update there has been great interest in the app on the App Store by jumping up to the top 100-150 in the Social Networking category.

I have a couple pretty cool ideas currently in planning but would love to hear from people who have purchased the app or haven't yet simply because it's missing that special something. Leave some feedback here or shoot me an email! My email address can be found on the app's description page in the link posted above.

5. Holosynthetic, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

Holosynthetic thread starter macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

FaceLaunch - FaceTime, Skype & Twitter Photo Dialer

I've submitted a big update to FaceLaunch with the ability to assign Twitter usernames to your friends!

The app supports up to 18 different Twitter clients for launching a username. While each client offers a different level of interaction, you can come to expect possible options such as viewing a persons's profile, post a public reply, and sending a direct message.

Supported Twitter clients include such favorites as:

• Twitter
    • Tweetbot
    • Icebird
    • Twitterrific
    • Echofon
    • Twittelator
    • SimplyTweet
    • Seesmic
    • Tweetings
    • TweetAgora
    • TwitBird
    • Twitbit
    • Chirpy
    • Safari

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Holosynthetic thread starter macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

I've uploaded another update for approval that expands on the ability to customize the theme colors quite a bit!

In the original release FaceLaunch was able to change the background color to white or black. In the newest update, I have included the ability to change the accent color from blue to 8 other colors. I have also given the option to turn on a unified theme color to have the entire app use the same accent color for all buttons.

7. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

8. Holosynthetic thread starter macrumors newbie

Holosynthetic

I've recently made some great changes to FaceLaunch in release 1.5.0!

Some of the new features are:

• Group Email & SMS
    • Import Address Book contacts
    • Attach images to emails from the Photo Library
    • Cleaned up UI

FaceLaunch now allows for attaching multiple images from the device's Photo Library to outgoing emails. This feature works for both single and group emails! I've also included the ability to batch import contacts from your device's Address Book. I've included a screenshot of the Address Book import UI below. As shown in the screenshot on the left, starting a group email or SMS is as easy as selecting the email or chat icon and then selecting the people you want to contact. All of this and more for only $0.99!

[​IMG] [​IMG]