Faces and Pets :( (it was worth a try)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Xenious, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Xenious macrumors 6502a

I thought perhaps the face recognition algorithm might work if I named my cats in a few pictures, but so far it has not. Would be cool if they updated it to work on cats and dogs. ahahhaha :)

2. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

3. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

hahaha, I'm with you on this one. Me and a friend were literally just talking about this when I saw this post. Glad there is at least 3 of us that would like this feature!

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This is potentially one of the best posts I have ever seen. :eek:

Simply for its humorous nature.

5. bnut macrumors newbie

bnut

Lol, the possibilities, I can just imagine the nerds in some basement somewhere celebrating when getting the contract to write that software.

6. corvera macrumors member

corvera

I definitely have to agree on that. It's the best post I've seen and it has just make my day.

7. moutian macrumors member

8. bnut macrumors newbie

bnut

Not sure which of the subjects of this thread you tried it on :p but I would imagine that the algorithms used are very specific to human faces and even then seem to be having a bit of trouble with those. Perhaps in future it will become smarter and more adaptive :p

9. Supermacguy macrumors regular

What kind of cats do you have, what are their facial features? I have a black and white cat with a distinct "bandit mask" over his eyes, but my other cat is a solid grey. I dont have iLife yet but I would bet that it could tell the difference between the two. Easier than say 2 similar colored cats.

10. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

How many pictures of your cats do you have? Just manually tag each picture.

11. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

iLife cant tell the difference between a man and woman. It also suggests sculptures! The new iPhoto is just as good as the previous one. Faces & Places don't work as advertised

12. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

All the photos I had taken of a party I was at, all the ones which had people in multiple photos (with their full faces), iPhoto recognised. The only times it didn't recognise anybody was when they'd tried to semi-drunkenly tried to hide.

And it recognised my dog and two cats.

13. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

It's not working for my cat (russian blue), or my dog (mini dachshund):(. I was hoping that it would. Oh well, maybe Apple will work on this (I hope they do, most of my pictures are of my pets).

Don