"Faces" not showing up in iPhoto on new Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Imola Ghost, May 15, 2009.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I more than likely user error but I've just switched from Windows and I copied all of my photos from a USB hard drive over to the laptop hard drive which I put in a folder called "My Photos" in the "Photos" folder already created by OSX.

For some reason I can't find "Faces" to start grouping the photos. It's not even showing up on my laptop in iPhoto.

Any thing I need to do?

2. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

not 100% certain but I think that the FACES tab will not appear in iPhoto until you start the process of grouping them.

choose a photo and double click it. at the bottom there will be an option called "Name". once you use a persons name iPhoto will create the FACES tab.

same for PLACES and EVENTS.

I think so anyway.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Depending on the manufacturing date of the Macbook it may not have come with iLife 09 which has iPhoto 09 and its neat features. I think Apple only started to pre-load that software somewhere in February/March. Quickest way to find out which version of iphoto you have is to look under the iPhoto menu in the upper left, select About iPhoto which will tell you the year and the version number. If you have iPhoto 08 and version 7.1.5, you're never going to find the Faces/Places organization. If on the other hand you have iPhoto 09, 8.0.1 then I'm really not sure why you're missing that item. There was an up-to-date program offered by Apple that let you get an iLife 09 install disc between January 6th and the end of March for just $9.95 as long as your purchase date was in that range. Unfortunately that offer has since expired so if you feel you are eligible, take it up with the store you bought the Mac from or call AppleCare and see if you can find a kind soul willing to send you the disc for free.

4. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

My friend got a new MacBook... and it only came with iLife 08!!!

It came with the 09' Drop In Disc... so... I just had to install it...

It might be there in the box...

J

5. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

What is a '09 Drop In Disc? I just bought my Macbook 2 days ago and I thought it came with iLife '09.