Faces Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wolfpackfan, Apr 13, 2015.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Is there a way to customize a face and have a wallpaper background of your choice?

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

As of right now, no. Customization options are limited the amount of detail on the watchface, element colors, and/or "complications", aka the widgets on the watchface.

3. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Not at launch but I would be amazed if Apple doesn't open up a watch face section of the app store soon after launch.

4. ekrueger24 macrumors regular

I was wondering this as during the initial reveals of the watch they showed different faces. Then, as launch approached as well as the demo units, the faces got more limited. I am sure they'll release more with a software update or open it up to devs in the future.

5. Karnicopia, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

Karnicopia macrumors 6502

Yep I don't think they have the pictures or time lapse. Pictures was the custom background but they showe it at the September event it isn't here in the demo watches though. It looks like that + option is to add already customized faces. So if I set up a watch face the way I like it I could add that and set up the standard one a different way. So like if I had two different versions of the utility face that I wanted to toggle between. So it wasn't to add a new face like people were hoping but to quick switch between watch faces you had already customized. I agree though I think eventually they will open it up to developers.

6. Wildgift macrumors 6502

I didn't see that wallpaper existed. Is that right?

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I don't expect it to happen for a while, maybe not even until next iOS version. Apple is VERY slow to move on stuff like this.

I hope the jailbreak teams find a way :D