Facetime Activation Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jdaniel, Mar 15, 2011.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Search all over the net no solutions. I did a restore.. before I put on any apps.. It seemed to activate ok. Now that I have apps on it no longer works... any ideas? Heard of any apps that mess up Facetime.

The problem is not using it, i have not even gotten there, problem is activating... i turn it on it says sending SMS then it says activating then nothing.. it just goes back to off.

2. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks but other than removing the sim card nothing else is really relevant thanks for trying tho.

3. himni macrumors regular

Are you on an official carrier in Canada? Meaning one that sells the iPhone 4 in it's stores.

4. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

not in canada at the moment but yes i am using the iphone from the same carrier and yes its supposed to be supported..

i've covered all the usual fixes..

5. stefdimi macrumors newbie

Face Time activation

I If you're jail broken, find an application on cydia called "MiTime",you might need to add a url at sources section, Follow the instructions and you're done...

6. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

you have to pay for that.

7. stefdimi macrumors newbie

payment

Yes, but before you do it will check for compatibility, so until that point it's free.If you are compatible and you want to proceed then you have to pay 3.60$ I think... I had the same problem tried everything and I mean everything!, and by turning FaceTime on and off my carrier charged me for the sms, and I did that for 10-15 times at Least! So I think it worths it's money...

8. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

for some reason mitime if you dont have any valid issues.. i.e you are using an official carrier like me and for some strange reason it does not work and doesnt activate.. just download this mitime thing.. for some reason the testing process just makes it happen and now it is activated.. I guess mitime just forces somethings to work in there while testing its compatibility.

Attached Files:

9. stefdimi macrumors newbie

10. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks I dont want to do it because it costs money hehe BUT apparently just testing it corrects the problem I had :) Thanks

11. stefdimi macrumors newbie