Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JReynolds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Where the Air Force sends me
I used to JB for what seemed like million reasons...

Now, really all I want is to be able to FaceTime anytime. Well, besides SBSetting, YourTube, iFile/Safari Download Manager and QuickReply...;)

What a good day.

twon

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
California
Posted on Twitter earlier today...

MuscleNerd

If Facetime over 3G (not just wifi) is even possible, it's shaping up to be a "killer app" reason to jailbreak iPhone4

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Ive purchased 3g unrestrictor before and I cant even get it download thru cydia. howd you guys get it to try it anyway?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I heard people tried it and it was horrible quality

They didnt actually try it on an i4 so you never know how it will come out.
They did it while tethering to another iphone 3G or 3GS or using a wireless card etc...
The i4 is really fast with uploads compared to the 3G and 3GS and depending on how fast the network is in your area it could be pretty good to use.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
They didnt actually try it on an i4 so you never know how it will come out.
They did it while tethering to another iphone 3G or 3GS or using a wireless card etc...
The i4 is really fast with uploads compared to the 3G and 3GS and depending on how fast the network is in your area it could be pretty good to use.

im thinking itll be pretty good. My iphone 4 tethers to my ipad lightning fast. way faster then my 3gs did. So at work where I have all 5 bars but no wifi it may be atleast useable.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
im thinking itll be pretty good. My iphone 4 tethers to my ipad lightning fast. way faster then my 3gs did. So at work where I have all 5 bars but no wifi it may be atleast useable.

Yes, the i4 seems to be faster both downloading and uploading than any previous iphone models.
Test them together at the same location against a 3G or 3GS and the speed will be faster for sure.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
I wonder if My3g on rock works with face time? it has a feature where it pops up automatically when any app trys to use wifi

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I just messaged the 3G unrestrictor developer on twitter and he replied immediately saying "working on it =)" so I'm willing to bet it'll be out in a day or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.