FaceTime App/Icon - iPhone 4, 4.1 Firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AAli1991, Oct 20, 2010.

1. AAli1991 macrumors newbie

I updated my iPhone to 4.1, but I don't have the FaceTime app, meaning the Icon. I have a friend who has a iPod Touch and he has it, but it doesn't show up on mine.

Does that mean in order to facetime I just have to go through contacts?

2. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I believe this is the case- no icon. I would also like a dedicated facetime icon as I find accessing it via contacts etc. somewhat cluncky. Seems like the only option is to JB the phone.

Hopefully someone will correct me.

3. KSKENE247 macrumors member

yep its just through contacts. you find the person, hit facetime and itll ask if u wanna FT their email or cell, so u gotta add the email to their contact

4. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Yup. My girlfriend did a Facetime chat with her iPhone 4 to my Mac. You just tap the person's email address to call. Even if the Facetime for Mac app isn't open, it will ring through. :)

5. Raj24v macrumors member

How can you FaceTime an email address?! I thought it was iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 only...

6. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

upgrade to 4.1 then read this...

http://www.apple.com/mac/facetime/

7. stevey6404 macrumors member

With the increase implementation of facetime on other apple products, apple decided to use email as a method of connection

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the iPhone 4 never had a facetime icon as already stated it's all through contacts page, within each contact there is a facetime button to directly connect without making a call