FaceTime App in MacStore

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Htin, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Htin macrumors regular

Htin

Weird that FaceTime comes with OSX Lion / Mountain Lion same goes with iLife and they have been transferred to my itunes account as Purchased but not FaceTime App.

Is this usual? What is the difference with the one in the Appstore?
    If it is the same why isn't it transferrable to iTunes account as purchased?

iTunes support couldn't give me an answer...:confused:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The FaceTime app in the App Store is for Snow Leopard only. Machines that came with Snow Leopard in 2011 came with FaceTime already installed. The version in the App Store is for machines older than the 2011 models that have Snow Leopard installed.

3. Htin thread starter macrumors regular

Htin

then shouldnt FaceTime be listed as Purchased like iLife (iPhotos, GarageBand, iMovies) since it came with OSX Lion/Mountain Lion?

iLife is listed as purchased in my iTunes Account...

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The App Store version is only for Snow Leopard. It will not show up as purchased unless you bought it on Snow Leopard. The two versions are not the same in the terms that require it to show up as purchased.

5. Htin thread starter macrumors regular

Htin

ah ok so im unable to purchase the FaceTime App even on Mountain Lion?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes. If you were to try you would get a message stating that it is only compatible with Snow Leopard. There really isn't a need to even install it from the App Store as it is included with the OS.

7. Htin thread starter macrumors regular

Htin

ahh thank you so much Intell! totally cleared my confusion! way better than itunes support staff!