Facetime better than Google talk ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darthdingo, May 12, 2011.

1. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

My Wife and I both have the new Sprint Nexus-S, and we have tried out the new Google Talk Video chat option, just released for Android 2.3.4. And every time it is choppy as hell, and super low res, can barely even see each other. Feels like it is moving at 1 frame per second.

I have tried it with us both on 4G, with good signals, and still lag fest. Anyone else have this issue ? But to be fair have not tried it on Wifi yet.

Not to compare, but my Sister has the iPhone4, and I have used it to talk to my niece, and the picture is pretty clear, and smooth video. But that was on WiFi, so maybe that's the big difference ? How is Facetime on jailbreaked iPhone4's running over the mobile network ?

2. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I've used FaceTime over 3G (jailbroken) and found the video to just as good, sometimes it gets choppy, but IMO it's the best video chat app I have used on a phone. And I used Fring, Skype, Tango, Yahoo Messenger and some video chat app on the Evo

3. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

I agree. I've never used it over 3G, since I'm not jailbroken, but I do believe that it's the best video chat service out there. Quality wise, it's as good as iChat. Which IMO, is the best as far as computer video chatting goes.