Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trent772b

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hi All

I recently bought 2 ipod touch 4g and on the first night at home I had face time up and running really well off my home wifi network. It connected from both ipods and the quality was great both sound and video.

Wake up the next day and it would not connect anymore. Its been over a week and here's the steps I have done so far.

1. Checked both ipods are signed in under different apple ID's while switching off the wifi and turning back on.
2. Made sure the router security settings did not change and opened the correct ports for facetime in accordance with the apple trouble shooting guide.
3. reset my modem and router although the ineternet was working fine anyway on the PC.
4. Completed a full reset on both ipods and re connected to the wifi.
5. Changed the default DNS settings on both Ipods to 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4

I'm at a complete loss as to why it doesn't work anymore. The ipods will call out but never connect to anything and just ring out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tucker61

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2008
Please provide updates as you go along. I have 2 iPod touches and when calling from one to the other whilst on the same network I often do not get the call on the 2nd iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.