Facetime black screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Heavyhitter504, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Heavyhitter504 macrumors member

Hey guys, I did some googling but couldn't find any working solutions. My girlfriend and I try to facetime while she's at her place but the window where her face is supposed to be is just a black screen. When i took a look at her actual iPad, it seems that when facetime is running, the image on the iPad is frozen but the person on the other end is visible. We took it to apple and of course they just restored it, it worked but now the same problem has come back. We're not blocking the camera hole, we've rebooted the unit and both of the cameras are working in the 'photobooth' and camera apps. Do you guys think it could be an internet connectivity issue?

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

If you have an established connection and she switches from the front to the back camera, do you see anything reflecting the switch on your end? Basically anything that indicates that the cameras are being switched? And if you haven't tried yet, try alternating who initiates the FaceTime connection...

3. Heavyhitter504 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the quick response kadin, i'll be sure to do that as soon as she gets off of work.

4. the1nonlyku macrumors member

I think it has something to do with the camera being used for another app while you are facetiming. Try restarting it and make sure none of the camera apps are open. It should work just fine. This happened to me once today and thats what I did to fix it.

5. Heavyhitter504 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man! I terminated the camera apps that were in use, switched facetime off/on and reset the unit. Works!

6. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

This happened to me and the only fix was to restart the iPad.