FaceTime black screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Papajz, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Papajz macrumors member

I bought two iPads one for me and one for the wife. Tried to face time with her she was not there the screen was black. She saw me fine but she didn't see herself and I couldn't see her. Mine works fine I tried it with my son and his IPhone 4.

Any one else have this problem?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

3. Annerz macrumors regular

Ya i've had the same problem on my iPhone before. I just end it and then when I restart, it usually works fine.

4. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Had this problem with my iPad. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. I just assumed it was a bug in the iPad iOS 4.3.

5. Linc00 macrumors newbie

Had this problem last night as well just restarted it and all seems well so far.

6. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I've had this happen and was able to fix the problem immediately by killing off all other multitasking programs, without even exiting FaceTime. If you are not familiar with this, just double click the home button, hold your finger down on one of the icons which will cause them to wiggle. Then tap the red minuses to close them one at a time.

Ultimately one of the apps is the culprit for the bug, and since it hasn't happened frequently enough I haven't been able to trace the app at fault.

7. the1nonlyku macrumors member

Make sure the camera isnt being used with any other application. That is usually the main problem.