Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
even if it did use your minutes, it currently only works from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4, which means Mobile to Mobile and that doesn't use your minutes either.

(Mobile to Mobile wile using AT&T in USA)

Dokk

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
IA, TX ... I never know
even if it did use your minutes, it currently only works from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4, which means Mobile to Mobile and that doesn't use your minutes either.

+1. I was operating under the assumption that it used both (perhaps the cell call for audio and WiFi for the video); but whether it uses the cell signal or not seems to be moot point.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle

Maybe, Maybe not. Because AT&T offers the video share option on some of it's dumbphones and smartphones and you have to pay for that seperately so it doesn't count as M2M. But with the video share the sender is the one who pays not the person recieving it.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I never suspected out minutes were at risk for all the reasons already mentioned. When they roll it out on 3G and/or start letting us use it to make video calls with other, non-facetime services then I wouldn't be shocked if we got dinged with a charge or two ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.