facetime continuity problem (cannot turn on iPhone cellular calls)

dugbug

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Hi,

In settings/facetime I try to enable iPHone cellular calls. This was working in 8.0 but since 8.1 I have not been able to enable it. It complains that my FaceTime and iCloud must be signed into the same apple id (of course they are). I have signed in and out of both a half dozen times, and rebooted several times. What on earth is going on.

brent1977

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Hi,

In settings/facetime I try to enable iPHone cellular calls. This was working in 8.0 but since 8.1 I have not been able to enable it. It complains that my FaceTime and iCloud must be signed into the same apple id (of course they are). I have signed in and out of both a half dozen times, and rebooted several times. What on earth is going on.
Getting the exact same error since upgrading and can't figure out what's wrong. I use the same AppleID for everything - iTunes, iCloud, Facetime, iMessage, etc.

Will enable on my iPad but not on my iPhone. Even tried completely wiping the phone and setting up from scratch.

dugbug

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Getting the exact same error since upgrading and can't figure out what's wrong. I use the same AppleID for everything - iTunes, iCloud, Facetime, iMessage, etc.

Will enable on my iPad but not on my iPhone. Even tried completely wiping the phone and setting up from scratch.
I got it to work: Make sure you have an email address checked under the FaceTime "reached at" list on both the mac and iPhone. I was just using my phone #. That worked in ios8.

Once I did that (I may have rebooted both devices too), I was able to enable the switch in FaceTime on the phone to allow voice call relay.

AAARRRGGGHHH

brent1977

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
I got it to work: Make sure you have an email address checked under the FaceTime "reached at" list on both the mac and iPhone. I was just using my phone #. That worked in ios8.

Once I did that (I may have rebooted both devices too), I was able to enable the switch in FaceTime on the phone to allow voice call relay.

AAARRRGGGHHH
Thanks! Worked for me, too. Never had that issue with either iMessage or FaceTime before. Have to think it's a glitch/bug.

Herb128K

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
facetime continuity problem (cannot turn on iPhone cellular calls)

Thanks! Worked for me, too. Never had that issue with either iMessage or FaceTime before. Have to think it's a glitch/bug.
I hate to be a "me too" but this not only fixed the Continuity problems I've been tearing my hair out about but it also fixed HandOff which has never worked even with iOS 8.1. A big thanks to @dugbug.

Herb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.