facetime continuity problem (cannot turn on iPhone cellular calls)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dugbug, Oct 20, 2014.

1. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

Hi,

In settings/facetime I try to enable iPHone cellular calls. This was working in 8.0 but since 8.1 I have not been able to enable it. It complains that my FaceTime and iCloud must be signed into the same apple id (of course they are). I have signed in and out of both a half dozen times, and rebooted several times. What on earth is going on.

2. brent1977 macrumors regular

Getting the exact same error since upgrading and can't figure out what's wrong. I use the same AppleID for everything - iTunes, iCloud, Facetime, iMessage, etc.

Will enable on my iPad but not on my iPhone. Even tried completely wiping the phone and setting up from scratch.

3. dugbug thread starter macrumors 65816

dugbug

I got it to work: Make sure you have an email address checked under the FaceTime "reached at" list on both the mac and iPhone. I was just using my phone #. That worked in ios8.

Once I did that (I may have rebooted both devices too), I was able to enable the switch in FaceTime on the phone to allow voice call relay.

AAARRRGGGHHH

4. brent1977 macrumors regular

Thanks! Worked for me, too. Never had that issue with either iMessage or FaceTime before. Have to think it's a glitch/bug.

5. Herb128K macrumors newbie

facetime continuity problem (cannot turn on iPhone cellular calls)

I hate to be a "me too" but this not only fixed the Continuity problems I've been tearing my hair out about but it also fixed HandOff which has never worked even with iOS 8.1. A big thanks to @dugbug.

Herb