FaceTime Dissapeared

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by airhooo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. airhooo, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

airhooo macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this was answered already.

I recently jailbroke my iphone running 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n rc6.

I was very happy with everything and after about a week of use i realized i did not have the facetime option when trying to call a friend. I went to the settings and enabled the facetime option ( don't know how it got turned off). However as soon as i leave the settings it automatically gets turned from on back to off.

What do i do ?!?!?!?! Was it something that i might have installed off of cydia that is causing the problem?

I really don't want to have to restore my phone. Please help i am literally tearing my hair out.

2. Wateroksnmud macrumors regular

Not tearing my heart out, but I noticed the same thing. Is this new for RC6 or typical for GP? I've never looked for it before.

3. deanfx4u macrumors regular

I'm thinking this is not a JB problem, but an issue with the current software build. I had the same problem with an iPhone that has never been JBed. Ended up having to restore as new to get the Facetime to stay "ON"

4. airhooo thread starter macrumors newbie

5. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Not sure if it would help, but did you try a hard reset??? I jailbroke with RC2 and have had not problem.

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I've seen this before when you choose to restore from backup instead of setting up as new. I've had it happen both with stock firmware and restoring to a jailbroken firmware.

7. airhooo thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i did do a hard reset - no dice ...

i actually didn't have this problem from restoring from backup - i did a fresh jailbreak...

i even tried updating to the new rc6.1 and it didn't work.