Facetime - do you think Apple already has it running on a computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by p4cm4n88, Aug 9, 2010.

1. p4cm4n88 macrumors newbie

Let me preface by saying I haven't been able to use Facetime with apple (1-888-FACETIME) for the last week (since the jailbreak, even though I've wanted to try out My3g) however, when I was calling in last month or so, I noticed the fluid nature and pretty interesting method the Apple reps had at showing off their back camera. Basically I'd call, they'd do their spiel about how awesome it was, and how easy it was to show their back camera, to show the person what you were seeing...and they'd show me some awesome picture from hawaii or some beach somewhere...pretty cool place to be. But what I noticed was how easy it was for them to switch it around, how clear the image was they had on their "back camera" and how perfectly formatted it was - there wasn't any lines of the iPhone being incorrectly aligned or anything, it was a perfect display of what they were showing me...

so it got me to thinking, were they running some fancy version on their Mac to look like an iPhone 4?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I don't doubt it since they develop the protocoles and the clients, but i've seen some 1888-facetime calls and they seen pretty normal (they seen to be using an iPhone), but it is very possible they already have OSX clients for it.

3. nhlducks35 macrumors regular