Facetime Enabled, but not working!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jaeshellz, Sep 17, 2010.

1. jaeshellz macrumors member

for some strange reason, faceetime is not working for me.

im on a jb' 4.01 iphone 4, and after i jailbroke it a while back, facetime worked fine. I have facetimed in a few weeks but when i decided to yesterday, I do not see the option to start a facetime chat with someone. I tried calling the number and hopefully seeing the icon pop up, no luck.

I looked in the contacts, towards the bottom....no button for "facetime".

I don't understand what happened. it is enabled in the settings and yes i have done the toggle on and off thing and reset all settings bla bla... guys plz help cuz this sucks!

I had a cracked version my3g a while back but i uninstalled it. Thinking i sitll had my3g in there i ssh'd into the applications folder and found it was still there, so i deleted it.

What other solutions BESIDES RESTORING do you guys think will work. I normally wouldn't mind a restore but i have iblacklist which i definitely need for the time being...so plzzz someone help me out!! ive tried everything for the past few hours.

2. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

3. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

Fixed

Had to reinstall My3G and uninstall via ROCK.

thanks for the help (sarcasm .. Lol)

4. Platinum14 macrumors newbie

so what ended out fixing it? I had the same exact problem and nobody could help me. I deleted iblacklist and 3g unrestrictor and now it works fine.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3G unrestrictor had caused me facetime problems before.

6. Platinum14 macrumors newbie

applejuiced!! i took your advice and restored my phone rejailbroke with limera1n and installed everything but iblacklist and 3g unrestrictor and my facetime seems to be working fine. i paid for the 3g unrestrictor so that sucks. im gonna install iblacklist again now. i paid for that too. i hope it doesnt screw up my facetime. what can i use besides 3g unrestrictor? my girl has the same phone and 3g unrestrictor and hers works fine.....

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt iblacklist would cause it.
    I went with Facebreak instead of 3G unrestrictor. Also My3G is another option.
    I also had paid for 3G unrestrictor but to keep losing facetime and having to restore all the time started to get old.