FaceTime Favorites

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by southerndoc, Oct 2, 2014.

1. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Why did Apple remove the favorites list from FaceTime (not only in iOS 8, but in Yosemite as well)? I can't figure out a reason for doing this. Some of us liked the FaceTime favorites, especially on our computers.

2. Jon-PDX macrumors regular

Comparing my iPad on 8.0.2 vs my wife's iPad on 7.1.2 it looks more like they removed "recents" and now they only list favorites since there is a "+" to add more contacts to the list.

When you double click the home button any recent FaceTime or iMessage show along the top of the screen on the iPad. I don't have 8.0.2 on my phone and I'm still on Moutain Lion on my computer so can't help there.

I have not received any missed FaceTime calls so I'm not sure where those would now show up.

Hope that helps,

Jon...

3. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 65816

southerndoc

No, the plus sign only allows you to call someone. It only lists recent calls, not favorites. There is no favorites list anymore.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You can add the FaceTime "contact" for someone in your Favorites on the Phone app. They probably figured you can just open up the phone app and FaceTime your favorite contact from there.

5. southerndoc thread starter macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Right, but there is no favorites list in FaceTime in the app itself or the Yosemite app. That's what I'm wanting to return like it was in iOS 7.