Facetime freezes on first call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by valleyboy74, Jul 12, 2010.

1. valleyboy74 macrumors member

The main reason I upgraded both mine and my wife's iPhones was for facetime, which we use quite regular, however it always freezes on the first call after approx 30 seconds, sometimes a little longer but it always freezes. When we ring each other back then the call is fine, no delays, freezing etc.

This has happened every time for about 15 calls, does anyone else have this problem? And have you found a solution?

2. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've had no freezes. My longest FaceTime call is about 35 min.

EDIT: are you starting the FaceTime call straight from wifi or starting a traditional cell call first and "transferring". I've only ever done it right through wifi before and have no issues. I know FaceTime is not dependent on cell coverage but the "handoff" might be getting confused.

3. itsmequinn macrumors regular

I have a similar problem, but FaceTime freezes EVERY time. I think it's because my girlfriend has an extremely poor internet connection but I would imagine that the call would just be low quality or jittery and not completely frozen and useless. We've done google talk video before with no problems so I figured this would work. Oh well, need more bandwidth I guess.

4. superduperdom macrumors member

Facetime Freezes

I've been getting a lot of facetime freezes after about
    a minute or so.Today I closed all the apps running in the background, turned facetime off and on in settings and rebooted.After that my call was perfect.
    However later in the day the problem came back.
    How annoying! I don't think it's a wifi problem since I use
    video skype and it "just works".
    Could anything in the jailbreak or 3g unrestrictor be causing this?How common is this freezing issue?