FaceTime has disappeared

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iMrNiceGuy0023, Aug 3, 2010.

1. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

FaceTime has disappeared. It was there after I jailbroke it and used the fix to get it back, I installed MyWi and My3G now the option to FaceTime is gone

Under settings FaceTime is ON

any fix I should try to get it back?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

try a reboot. the option is there but under a call it says hold?

3. iMrNiceGuy0023 thread starter macrumors 68000

rebooted 5 times already, under Settings-Phone, FaceTime is turned on, but under a contacts name, theres no option to FaceTime

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Have you tried flipping the switch off and on again? I had to do this to get my MMS working again. The switch was on, but the option wasn't there. Flipping the switch put the option back.

5. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

6. illutionz macrumors 65816

Try to uninstall MyWi and My3G (one by one) and see which one causing the problem...

7. spoon2eric macrumors newbie

Issues

I too am having the same problem. I installed both MyWi and My3G. The FaceTime switch does not fix the issue. :mad: Removed both... no luck.. MMS works fine tho.

8. spoon2eric macrumors newbie

My Fix

FIX: Install RockApp, I didn't know if My3G or MyWi removed FaceTime, so I had to install both again using Cydia and then use RockApp to UnInstall My3G and MyWi (so at this point I have reinstalled RockApp, MyWi and My3G NORMALLY (NO HACKS!!) and used the RockApp to UnInstall them.. You'll re-spring at this point and should have FaceTime back on your phone. I think sometimes the issue is with bad installs of MyWi or My3G... Finally I removed the RockApp itself using RockApp.... (yes you can do this)... Problem solved and now I have my normal WiFi FaceTime.

You can go back into Cydia and download RockApp and redownload MyWi and My3G and you shouldn't loose FaceTime... I have successfully had all three on my phone with FaceTime working just fine...:D
    -----
    iPhone4 4.0.1