FaceTime HD Camera for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chevy57, Aug 23, 2012.

1. chevy57 macrumors regular

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

No one knows anything about the internals right now, but I think most expect an HD front facing camera since the mac and ipad (i think) have them.

3. yaymath macrumors regular

iPad's front-facing camera isn't HD.

4. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

... x 720...I don't think it is about megapixels, more about resolution

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Just a hair over 0.9 megapixels would get you 720p. You only need about 2 megapixels if you want full 1080p video.

It doesn't take much.

7. articulatefool macrumors regular

There is no chance of this happening.

With how laggy facetime is over 4g, it would be way worse if you were trying to push higher resolution video over the network.

There is no real point to having a high resolution facetime camera other than your hipster-myspace-elevated-slightly-angled-to-make-you-look-thinner-than-you-are pictures.

This is guaranteed not to happen until bandwidth constraints are not as feared by the network operators.

8. OMGwtfBBQwings macrumors regular

there is a 100% chance of this happening.

you dont necessarily need to push facetime video at hd quality you can downscale it and besides with the LTE who says you cant.

the 8MP back camera will probably just get optics while the resolution stays the same, so an increase in the front camera will feed the stats/numbers freaks.

and looking at all the rival cameras they all have a minimum of 1.3mp, most have 2MP.

also i reckon a BIG BIG portion of iphone users are rich kids/teens/hipsters with rich parents so those instragram like photos need a better camera.