FaceTime Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skasol, Sep 15, 2010.

1. skasol macrumors 6502

I want to be able to Facetime with my family in Mexico. I don't know how to do this, I searched around. I live in L.A California, my family lives in Mexico city. I normally have to dial 01152 (international code) and then the phone number but it's not working. I tried just clicking the face time button and it also doesn't work. any help. obviously they have an Iphone 4 and I made sure their settings showed that you could do facetime.

Thanks in advance.

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Everything is done via WiFi so you wouldn't need to input any Country codes. Make sure both of your iPhones are connected via WiFi and see if that helps.

If you're already connected via WiFi, then it could be an issue with your ISP/Router. You could be try the Facetime link that is flouting around on this site to see if you can connect to a third party to help narrow down where the disconnect between your devices is at.

3. skasol thread starter macrumors 6502

I am able to FaceTime with other people here in the states so I doubt it's my router. I tried without the international code as well and that didn't work either. Not sure what's going on.