FaceTime in Asia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psml, Nov 6, 2010.

1. psml macrumors member

I'm having a slight problem activating FT in Bangladesh. I have read a lot of good things about Face time, but my bad luck due to unsupported carrier (grameenphone) using ios 4.1 jailbreak & unlock by ultrasn0w.

My question:

A. Is there anything with carrier settings on carrier bundles ( may be edited by ifile) because there is no specific carrier bundles for Bangladeshi carrier - grameenphone. pls advise.

B. if i bring Orange UK postpaid sim with roaming (i can manage anyway)
    can I be able FT here in Bangladesh? just to activate FT with Orange sim...
    and again with grammenphone sim will i be able to do FT.

Sorry for my poor english.

2. Fabricman112 macrumors regular

Fabricman112

first time you initiate a Facetime-call an sms is sent to an applecenter (Uk in Europe) ... this sms needs to be approved for FaceTime to activate

My situation is/was my phone has sent some 3-4 sms´s to UK per month (I´m in Sweden) and my provider (Telia SE) says it shouldnt show up on my bill, and yet it has the 2 latest months.. not a lot of money but since I have a flatrate 7000 sms/min/mms.. it shows up as an sms to foreign country...

what I basically mean is, the sms needs to be authenticated and maybe more than once... so if you get a prepaid Orange sim maybe your other sim wont work even if you have activated once :rolleyes:

3. psml thread starter macrumors member

Thanks 4 your reply...
    my bad luck...but still i will not give it up.

any advise suggestion will be highly appreciated.

4. iPhonePhan macrumors regular

I know this doesn't totally help you out in this case but if you're pressed for a solution, I would kindly suggest using Tango. It's free and I've found it to be pretty easy and straightforward to use. Their support team is wonderful and very attentive to questions from the community. I use it to communicate with family with iPhone 4's over 3G : no wifi required.

5. touchmonkey macrumors 6502

I found this post searching for Tango to see if many are aware of it.
    Great app, and advantages over Facetime: its cross-platform (iPhone and Droid) and works over cell network and wi-fi.

6. psml thread starter macrumors member

Hi guys

Thnx alot 4 replies & suggestion/advise.

Sorry for my stupid question:

Is there any possibility to change anything on carrier.bundles/info.list/unknown.carrier.bundels

definitely there something hidden inside the phone itself.
    and we just need to activate or change anything there....to active it.

Tango is such a nice apps for Vdo_call
    But, I luv to activate my FT anyway.