Facetime integration with Facebook...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seancfuller, Oct 19, 2010.

1. seancfuller macrumors newbie

Hi,

Ive been thinking about the mystery application that has been dubbed for the new iLife suite. And with the recent dinner with Jobs and CEO of facebook... my idea is that this discussion is nothing to do with Ping, but actually the new application is to incorporate Facetime with Facebook..

We would still have the application called Facetime (to be added to OSX), but we could click on our friends and link them via facebook and talk to them face to face? EG iPhone 4 to Mac etc.

I think we are all assuming that Facetime will replace iChat, I just wondered if Apple and Facebook have done a deal to incorporate it further...

Wondered what you guys thought?

I haven't seen anyone else think like this?

Thanks

S

2. arnop macrumors regular

arnop

Haven't thought of it to be honest. Just thought that that 'diner' was about Ping but you may be right. As you need to enter a valid email adress to your Facebook account. It may be possible to actually have an enhanced chat. We'll see about that tomorrow !

3. Evo-L macrumors member

Kinda cool idea... Little icons for people who have the ability to video chat.

4. Jason Edwards macrumors regular

What would this app have to do with iLife. iMovie, iWeb, iDvd , iPhoto and Garage Band are all used to create things. This sounds more like a feature they could add to an app like Facetime. I cant imagine this would be the mysterious app that is rumored to be added to iLife.