Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
This is so crazy-making.

I use FaceTime a LOT to call my folks in England. Since upgrading to iOS 11 for the first time (PB5) on my iPhone 7 Plus, there are two pretty glaring issues.

1.) FaceTime will no longer transition from Wi-Fi to LTE/3G. It just loses the call.

2.) If you’re on a FaceTime call and a regular phone call comes in, your FaceTime call gets dumped.

I really hope Apple is aware of this. Who even knows how this issue even came about..?

v1597psh

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
London
I always wondered how they manage to break FaceTime with every major iOS update without actually adding any new features to it... This has been true for me since iOS 6 at least

Reactions: d5aqoëp

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
This is so crazy-making.

I use FaceTime a LOT to call my folks in England. Since upgrading to iOS 11 for the first time (PB5) on my iPhone 7 Plus, there are two pretty glaring issues.

1.) FaceTime will no longer transition from Wi-Fi to LTE/3G. It just loses the call.

2.) If you’re on a FaceTime call and a regular phone call comes in, your FaceTime call gets dumped.

I really hope Apple is aware of this. Who even knows how this issue even came about..?

The entire point of a beta program is for folks to find issues such as this and report them to Apple using the Feedback app.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Report the bugs to Apple and roll back to a release version and go about your day

Apple appreciate your help in BETA-testing their PRE-PRODUCTION quality BETA, and are glad you didn't just install it on a device dedicated for development only.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Crazy? Why do you use beta as a daily driver?
Don't complain here just report the bugs.

This kinds of PSA's by beta users are good and informative. There's a reason why Apple puts out public betas ... and for those of us considering using a public beta on our day to day phone, getting these kinds of tidbits can be instructive.

I've been running iOS 11 on my 12.9 v2 iPP since PB3. Haven't pulled the trigger on my 7 Plus, though I'm considering it with this latest public beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.