FaceTime is so broken in iOS 11 beta 6 (pb5).

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by WilliamG, Aug 19, 2017.

1. WilliamG macrumors G3

This is so crazy-making.

I use FaceTime a LOT to call my folks in England. Since upgrading to iOS 11 for the first time (PB5) on my iPhone 7 Plus, there are two pretty glaring issues.

1.) FaceTime will no longer transition from Wi-Fi to LTE/3G. It just loses the call.

2.) If you’re on a FaceTime call and a regular phone call comes in, your FaceTime call gets dumped.

I really hope Apple is aware of this. Who even knows how this issue even came about..?

2. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

3. Lappen71 macrumors 6502

Lappen71

Crazy? Why do you use beta as a daily driver?
    Don't complain here just report the bugs.

4. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

just crazy.

I know.

5. v1597psh macrumors regular

v1597psh

I always wondered how they manage to break FaceTime with every major iOS update without actually adding any new features to it... This has been true for me since iOS 6 at least

6. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

The entire point of a beta program is for folks to find issues such as this and report them to Apple using the Feedback app.

7. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Report the bugs to Apple and roll back to a release version and go about your day

Apple appreciate your help in BETA-testing their PRE-PRODUCTION quality BETA, and are glad you didn't just install it on a device dedicated for development only.

8. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

This kinds of PSA's by beta users are good and informative. There's a reason why Apple puts out public betas ... and for those of us considering using a public beta on our day to day phone, getting these kinds of tidbits can be instructive.

I've been running iOS 11 on my 12.9 v2 iPP since PB3. Haven't pulled the trigger on my 7 Plus, though I'm considering it with this latest public beta.

9. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Judging by no response I would assume he did not report it.

10. ohsnap macrumors regular

Using a beta as your daily driver is bad, m'kay?