FaceTime Issue-Can Send, Not Receive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiegirl, Aug 20, 2010.

1. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I'm seeing FaceTime issues on jailbroken phones, but mine is not jailbroken.

When I initiate a FaceTime chat, the other person can accept and it works fine. When the other person initiates and I accept, it's stuck at "connecting" but will never actually connect.

It's not just one person specifically, so I'm thinking it has to do with my phone as opposed to the other person's.

Has anybody else had this issue?

2. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

is it happening on the same wifi connection or all?

3. techiegirl thread starter macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

4. suade8880 macrumors member

Go to settings and reset all network and see if it does anything. Looks like a setup issue within the software is off. If not, backup and restore.

5. techiegirl thread starter macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I reset network settings, restarted the phone, restored the phone (updated to 4.0.2) and turned off and on Facetime. I still can't receive.

6. suade8880 macrumors member

My only other suggestion is to taking to apple and have check it out and perhaps get a replacement.

7. techiegirl thread starter macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

Just an update...

After 2 visits to the Genius, they finally replaced the phone. I then went to the AT&T store and had the micro-sim replaced. It still isn't working. I can initiate FaceTime calls, but cannot receive.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

I has the same exact issue. Can send FaceTime but couldn't receive/answer a FaceTime call. It would be stuck on the "connecting" part when I try to answer a FaceTime call.

I just restored my phone as "new" and that solved the problem. Restore from backup causes a lot of problems. Sure I spend an extra hour getting my phone up to par when I restore from new but it solves the FaceTime issue.