Facetime Issue on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RyanWW, Aug 30, 2015.

1. RyanWW macrumors newbie

So I don't understand why, but basically I cant keep connected to this person on facetime on my macbook pro, yet on my iphone its perfect?

After 5 seconds on my macbook it displays the message

'Poor Connection The video will resume automatically when the connection improves.'

So what is the deal? apple support can't solve it I have tried everything from deleting those com.apple.facetime files to repairing disk permissions to reinstalling osx yet nothing works.

Yet my iphone is perfect and never has this issue? what is it guys?

2. UKinEK macrumors newbie

UKinEK

same was for me, today for the first time. When I called to my friend and he tried to pick up, it failed. Other way too. So he called me from iPhone and all went normally.

3. RyanWW thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think this is something to do with the latest yosemite update? (do you have 10.10.5?)

4. UKinEK macrumors newbie

UKinEK

I would not know, as my girlfriend always calls from the iPhone, but, it may be a problem 10.10.5, because 10.10.3 I am 100% I did not have this issue

Hope it will be fixed. Did you try to delete everything besides the FaceTime app, through AppCleaner? it may just work Screen Shot 0027-08-30 at 20.37.31.png

5. RyanWW thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine has none of that, think i deleted it all out of the preferences manually in the first instance. With that said it only seems to be with this one contact, but I am fine with said contact on my phone, so it can't just be that. I'm guessing its a 10.10.5 issue, but I have no way of checking this as I have no other macs at home now.