FaceTime Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TOMIMOT, Jan 1, 2012.

1. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

so i bought my sister an iMac for christmas, anyway ill get to the problem I'm having. I'm trying to set up her FaceTime account, She already has an Apple ID but when she signs in and i call her on FaceTime from my MBP her iPhone only picks up the call for FaceTime, not her iMac. Her apple ID is already in my contact info along with her phone number, just trying to figure out how to FaceTime through our macs. Is there something I'm missing or am i retarded lol

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No You Are Not

Retarded. FT can only accept one incoming connection at a time, and it has a random habit of choosing which to use...It's documented. Try a call with just your mac's on.

I FT a lot, and with multiple devices FT will ring on them all (sometimes) ring on one (sometimes) or just choose the iMac as default (which is what I want it to do)

I email ahead of time to set up times for calls and shut off my iPhone, MBA or anything else that happens to be running. Then it usually connects, but sometimes requires a re-boot (another well documented issue)

Also check your version number....Should be 1.1.1 (262)

3. TOMIMOT thread starter macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

hmmm well thats a little annoying, apple should fix that. Thanks anyway

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Agreed

They don't seem to think FT is used that much, but I find it invaluable...Beats the hell out of paying for long distance calls! So I put up with it's little bugs.