Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Hi All,

I noticed that on my 12 Pro when I’m on a call or a FaceTime my audio goes in an out. Meaning that when I’m talking, I keep cutting out for the person I’m talking too. I can still hear them fine but they say they can see my lips moving but can’t hear me. It happens sporadically. I’ve tried turning my wifi on and off and it’s the same.

I just upgraded to the 12 Pro and Was hoping that it fixed it but I’m still having the same issue. Does anyone know of any fixes or experiencing this as well? It started on iOS14, I even tried updating to the beta and its still doing it. I did erase and reset but and restored from a back up and its still doing it.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm thinking about returning my 12 Pro and getting another one but I'm not even sure how to go about that since it says a new one won't delivery until the end of November which would put me out of my return period.

Hafitz04

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2020
Hi All,

I noticed that on my 12 Pro when I’m on a call or a FaceTime my audio goes in an out. Meaning that when I’m talking, I keep cutting out for the person I’m talking too. I can still hear them fine but they say they can see my lips moving but can’t hear me. It happens sporadically. I’ve tried turning my wifi on and off and it’s the same.

I just upgraded to the 12 Pro and Was hoping that it fixed it but I’m still having the same issue. Does anyone know of any fixes or experiencing this as well? It started on iOS14, I even tried updating to the beta and its still doing it. I did erase and reset but and restored from a back up and its still doing it.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm thinking about returning my 12 Pro and getting another one but I'm not even sure how to go about that since it says a new one won't delivery until the end of November which would put me out of my return period.
My wife and I are having the same issue since upgrading to the iPhone 12 pro. Did you figure anything out?

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
My wife and I are having the same issue since upgrading to the iPhone 12 pro. Did you figure anything out?
I actually got an express replacement for my phone but the screen was yellow on it so I kept my original. My original one just sort of stopped having the issue. I found that if I keep my fingers away from the bottom of the phone, it doesn’t do this. I think it has something to do with the mic, it’s especially bad if I stand the phone up on a table. It’s very weird

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.