FaceTime keeps on swaying on iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chacha59, Aug 7, 2011.

1. chacha59 macrumors newbie

Hi! anyone with the same problem I am having?

When I talk with either iPad2 or MBP using FaceTime. My viewing screen of talking party keeps swaying time to time .............. anyway to solve the problem?

2. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Apologies for misunderstanding, but can you clarify what you mean by "swaying"? I think of the Michael Bublé remake of the classic song, and picture classical dancing.

Do you mean more of like a jittering of the image, a stutter in the fluid motion of the other party, change in color, etc?

3. chacha59 thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean the screen swaying horizontally and vertically by itself. The symptom happens while both end stills in either horizontal or vertical!

4. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Oh, ok, I've got you now. You mean it keeps rotating / flipping from portrait to landscape (a.k.a. vertical to horizontal) on its own at random. The only thing I can think of is that one party or the other is not holding the device completely straight.

If this isn't the case, and you aren't doing anything at all, then I retract that statement. It sounds like an issue with the gyroscope not being able to tell which mode it should be in.

Try leaning your iPad up against something for a FaceTime call. Without touching it, going near it, or even breathing on it, see what it does. If the call window flips on its own, there's an issue. If it stays ok, it's the user(s) cause.