FaceTime Locks Up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xplnusa, Oct 28, 2011.

1. xplnusa macrumors regular

So I've tried to use FaceTime twice since getting our new 4S phones. Once both of us were at home on our wifi network, once I was down at a friends on his wifi and my wife was at home. Both times it locked up on us though... Can't get more than about 30 seconds into a call...

Any ideas?

2. xplnusa thread starter macrumors regular

Wow... 22+ hours and no one knows.... Guess I'll have to break down and call tech support... :( First time people haven't been able to tell me the answer on here!!!

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

Ok I'll bite. Both phones locked up, or one? Any flickering or weird stuff before the lock up?

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Your phone call to Apple support should of been one of your first options instead of some internet mystery board.
    I understand about research, but since you were unable to find anything your only option left would of been to call Apple instead of "Wow... 22+ hours and no one knows".
    Which kind of says you wasted 22 hours for nothing. Congratulations.

And FYI, my wife's facetime works great with mine across town every day. No locks ups. I'd look into your wifi router first.

5. xplnusa thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, Ice, tell us how you really feel about the macrumors community... I don't think of this as a mystery board. I've been using this forum for two years now because there is a plethora of information shared here!!!