FaceTime Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RolledUp20s, Jun 12, 2012.

1. RolledUp20s macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2011
    Wrexham, North Wales
    hey, was wondering whether it's possible to configure my macbook air to receive FaceTime calls when the macbook is closed? ...so i'd hear it ringing, open & voila!

I've just rang my macbook with the lid closed, i get no 'ring' until i open the lid and then see the incoming call... so it does still call the mac when its closed..

2. Claudia Reit macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2014
    I have no way to confirm whether it was FaceTime or not, but I received a call in November 2013 at 2 am (while I was in a deep sleep) on my closed MacBook Air. I thought the fire alarm was going off at first (in my sleep filled daze) only to realize the loud noise was coming from my closed computer. When I finally opened my laptop to try and shut the noise off (because I happened to have house guests and I was worries the super loud noise would wake them), I realized that I could hear rustling at the other end of the computer. It was pitch dark in my room and pitch dark on the other side of the computer but I heard breathing and rustling which was when I quickly closed my computer. I don't know if it was FaceTime or some other program. Or maybe it was a virus of some sort. All I know is that it really happened. If anyone knows what happened, maybe they can explain it to me as well?