FaceTime Missed Calls

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Hey guys,

Anyone else have two Apple devices that can use FaceTime? Whenever someone calls me and they both ring, I answer it and the other device says I missed the call. Didn't do it with iOS 5. Just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Hey guys,

Anyone else have two Apple devices that can use FaceTime? Whenever someone calls me and they both ring, I answer it and the other device says I missed the call. Didn't do it with iOS 5. Just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience.
Yeah, happened to me too. Surprised me, as I didn't really miss it, but picked up on another device.

andtrobs

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2010
Same for me, hopefully they will fix this. Pretty annoying when you have iPhone iPad MacBook and iMac all using the account!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hey guys,

This happens on iOS5 devices also and on Mountain Lion.
Answer with iPhone 5 (6.0), the iMac (with ML) and the iPad2 (5.1.1) show missed.

slammer0

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Same for me. iPad, iPhone, MacBook... I think it should work like as iMessage - with full synchronization of calls history. They know how to do that.

So, do I understand it properly - everyone has unanswered call on their iOS device, even if it was answered on another one or on a Mac?

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Same for me. iPad, iPhone, MacBook... I think it should work like as iMessage - with full synchronization of calls history. They know how to do that.

So, do I understand it properly - everyone has unanswered call on their iOS device, even if it was answered on another one or on a Mac?
Yes

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
Yeah,I have an ipad 3 and iphone 4 with the same facetime id and everytime someone calls me,I try to answer as fast as I can but it says Missed call On both devices,really anoying

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
Has anyone found a solution to this?
It doesn't require a solution. It's not a problem at all. If your iPad rings but you answer on another device then yes, you missed the call on your iPad and it should be reported.

cpg23

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2013
Nonsense

If the phone rings in your home and you answer on one handset do you then go into another room and expect the handset there to indicate that the call was missed.