facetime missing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brokin, Aug 20, 2010.

1. brokin macrumors member

Jun 25, 2010
    i know there are a lot of posts about this but i cannot seem to get facetime back. i have an iphone 4 with 4.0.0 on it. i jailbreaked my phone after the facetime mms fix was already applied. i havnt tried to use facetime until this morning and i noticed that the icon is missing how the hell do i get it back.

under settings > phone facetime is turned on. i have tried turning it off and on still no facetime option. i am also connected to exchange and have the camera option enabled so how can i get facetime back? should i just upgrade to 4.0.1 since my SHSH blobs are stored?

edit: i also installed this "fix" from http://iphonedelivery.advinux.fr/cydia through cydia still no factime.
  2. Kayan macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2010
    I would restore. I always try a restore before asking online, you have nothing to lose. Try 4.0.1
  3. brokin thread starter macrumors member

Jun 25, 2010
    ok ive given up time to upgrade to 4.0.1. good thing my SHSHs are saved :)
  4. bruinsrme macrumors 603

Oct 26, 2008
    Its not your phone, this was a bug, if you will, with the jailbreak.
    upgrade to .02 then downgrade to .01 and jailbreak, face time will reappear
  5. brokin thread starter macrumors member

Jun 25, 2010
    ok how can i recover my data from the backup file itunes made im using windows. i really just want my pictures back
  6. Numl0ck macrumors member

May 2, 2009
    I'm on 4.0 and rely on the unlock. My SHSH haven't been saved yet (still pending) and I tried everything to get FaceTime back. Now I can't restore, nor find a working fix. My APN field is also gone but I could at least create an APN Profile with the "iPhone configuration utility" to use mobile surfing.

Anything i can try?
  7. KGWVU macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2010
    See my post here:

8. Numl0ck macrumors member

May 2, 2009
    Thanks, I tried your solution but it didn't work :confused:
    There's something else, if I switch the SIM FaceTime reappears and according to this article I need a carrier update over the air (7.x). While with the replacement SIM (another carrier) I get the required Carrier 7.x, with mine there's "Carrier Unavailable". Yet It has already been working with my SIM.
    I really don't know what else I could try...
  9. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Jul 27, 2010
  10. Numl0ck macrumors member

May 2, 2009
    German SIM : Simyo
    Working SIM: SFR (French)

But as I said, the Simyo SIM worked fine 2 days ago. After that I installed quite alot from cydia. Don't know if this has any relevance, since other SIMs do work with FaceTime.

I just put the Simyo SIM (with a MicroSim adapter) into an iPhone 3Gs and "Cellular Data Network" was there as well as "Carrier 7.0" showing in Settings -> About.

Now I'm even more puzzled...
  11. detronic macrumors member

Jul 16, 2010
    I had the same problem with my I4, the facetime was gone, all I did went into my setting(on my Iphone 4), general, reset all settings, and clicked on it, it reset, I still have all my apps and all my data and it came back, no restore no headache, give it a try
  12. Numl0ck macrumors member

May 2, 2009
    I wanted to avoid this because I have lots of individual settings. Does this option only resets of the native iphone applications or of all? Will the organization in folders be gone too? I tried resetting network settings but that didn't help.
  13. Numl0ck macrumors member

May 2, 2009
    I just called to replace my microSIM with a new one. Maybe there's some kind of incompability with the iPhone 4.
  14. Numl0ck macrumors member

May 2, 2009
    Ok, I got it!
    After deinstalling "forwardmsgfix 4.0" and "asCommCenterPatch" APN+FaceTime reappeared in settings -> phone. So far, so good but now I'm facing "call failed" when trying to call an other iPhone4 with FaceTime. Might be my ported number though.

Success, finally!
    I don't know what the culprit was but that's what I did step by step:

1) Removing "forwardmsgfix 4.0", "asCommCenterPatch",
    2) Reinstalling "base structure" from Cydia + removing "iPhoneDelivery" from Cydia
    3) Reset "Network Settings"
    4) Reboot

Now, FaceTime button is visible and FaceTime is working :)