Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smtevo

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I tried downloading it and its says I am missing a security update 2010-005, but when I go to system updates it doesnt come up. Anyone got any suggestions?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Ok, the only fact that I know is you can initiate a face time call from mac to ios. but can you do face time from mac to mac or ios to mac? Thats the question.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Why the hell can I not sign in?

I downloaded it, installed it, and now I'm trying to use it but it's stuck just saying "Signing in..." on my iMac. Anyone else have this problem?

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
Working good on my end. One of my friends got a new iPod Touch today and has been trying facetime all over campus. Too bad he hasn't got an i4.

reelbgpunk

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2008
I too am getting the security update error message but my software is all up to date on Snow Leopard.

jaeguyoon

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
I tried to do it with my sister-in-law and it says she needs to update her facetime to the lastest version, I'm guessing she needs to update her phone to 4.1.

Also the verification page, kept getting page doesn't exist but get refreshing and clciking it again and it eventually worked.

C3POh

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Facetime (Mac - Mac) (iPhone4 - Mac)

Yes I have tried the Facetime with Mac to Mac and iPhone4 to Mac and the other way and it all works. It only takes a few rings to get through. Usually about 8 to 10 rings with wake up the other mac. And the great thing is that the Facetime on the Mac does not have to be running to get a call from another mac or even the iPhone4.

Finally free calls.

Of course, I have only tried this on my home WIFI system. I have not tried it on outside WIFI or on Edge or on 3G. That is for tomorrow.

Nice addition!!

silroc

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
I too am getting the security update error message but my software is all up to date on Snow Leopard.

I got it also but I am only on leopard so I assumed I needed to upgrade to snow leopard. But now you have me worried that an upgrade to snow still won't fix this.. Hmm

Please keep us updated if u do get it working- thanks man

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.