FaceTime mobile to Mac now available

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UCLAKoolman, Oct 20, 2010.

1. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm certain that's coming soon. Most iPhone owners have Windows, that'll be big for them.

Remember, it's still just a beta.

3. icBigMike macrumors newbie

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Looks like the link at apple.com is redirecting to an iWork Trial, not FaceTime for Macs.

5. nednarm macrumors 6502

6. Smtevo macrumors 6502

I tried downloading it and its says I am missing a security update 2010-005, but when I go to system updates it doesnt come up. Anyone got any suggestions?

7. macfan881 macrumors 68020

My3G and all those other apps are going to go through the roof now :D

8. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I just tried it out with a call to my Dad's iPhone. It worked great, but he did mention he was having a hard time hearing me. He was in a restaurant though.

So far, so good!

9. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Ok, the only fact that I know is you can initiate a face time call from mac to ios. but can you do face time from mac to mac or ios to mac? Thats the question.

10. atlh3adl1n3r macrumors member

11. andrewb21 macrumors member

Yep, seems like you can make FaceTime calls from Mac to Mac, Mac to iPhone/iPod, or iPhone/iPod to Mac.

12. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Why the hell can I not sign in?

I downloaded it, installed it, and now I'm trying to use it but it's stuck just saying "Signing in..." on my iMac. Anyone else have this problem?

13. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

Now I only need someone to use it with, since no one I know has an iPhone or a Mac. >_<

14. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I'm at the verification stage. I got an email which links to id.apple.com, which is down.

15. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Working good on my end. One of my friends got a new iPod Touch today and has been trying facetime all over campus. Too bad he hasn't got an i4.

16. reelbgpunk macrumors member

I too am getting the security update error message but my software is all up to date on Snow Leopard.

17. jaeguyoon macrumors regular

I tried to do it with my sister-in-law and it says she needs to update her facetime to the lastest version, I'm guessing she needs to update her phone to 4.1.

Also the verification page, kept getting page doesn't exist but get refreshing and clciking it again and it eventually worked.

18. C3POh macrumors member

Facetime (Mac - Mac) (iPhone4 - Mac)

Yes I have tried the Facetime with Mac to Mac and iPhone4 to Mac and the other way and it all works. It only takes a few rings to get through. Usually about 8 to 10 rings with wake up the other mac. And the great thing is that the Facetime on the Mac does not have to be running to get a call from another mac or even the iPhone4.

Finally free calls.

Of course, I have only tried this on my home WIFI system. I have not tried it on outside WIFI or on Edge or on 3G. That is for tomorrow.

Nice addition!!

19. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

I got it also but I am only on leopard so I assumed I needed to upgrade to snow leopard. But now you have me worried that an upgrade to snow still won't fix this.. Hmm

Please keep us updated if u do get it working- thanks man

20. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

U on snow leopard ?