facetime myself?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psywzrd, Nov 27, 2010.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This is a weird one for me. I was sitting at home earlier today and my phone starting ringing. On the screen it said "My Name" would like to Facetime with you (or whatever the heck the message says when somebody facetimes you). I answered it to see what would happen and it said connecting but it never did, and eventually I got a failed message or whatever. How the heck could this have happened?

2. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Gross, man.
    What if your mom walked in on you while you facetimed yourself? What would she think?

3. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Did you do it from your mac by mistake?
    Or maybe the mac app did it, hence why its in beta. otherwise i don't think there is much more explanation.

4. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

5. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Definitely did not do it myself. I was watching TV in my bed at the time and my Mac is in another room.

Thx. That makes me feel a little better. I was actually worried that my email account that's associated with Facetime was hacked somehow but that appears unlikely.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey you know now that you mentioned it it happed to me too like 3 hours ago.
    Weird.

7. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

That's EXACTLY when it happened to me!

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like an issue with Apple's facetime servers causing this around the same time for everyone.