Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayush20m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I restored my jailbroken iphone 4 from 4.0 to 4.0.1. Even after the restore facetime is not working.

lorax3

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Settings > Phone > FaceTime on?

Check that.

Also when you did a restore did you 'set up as new phone' or revert to 'backup'?

If from backup check the time, if the time was AFTER you did the jailbreak you would need to either set up as a new phone, or revert to earlier backup. (time before the JB)

There are also several other solutions, including manually fixing the permissions, or the update in Cydia. Google fu is weak atm

ayush20m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Also when you did a restore did you 'set up as new phone' or revert to 'backup'?
I did a revert to "backup". I guess the backup was after the jb. How do I select a different backup?

I am no longer jb, so cant access cydia

lorax3

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Go into iTunes. On the left side it should show your phone. Right click, restore to backup. There should be a drop-down menu where you can choose which backup to pick. Pay attention to the time of the backup. I had to go back a few weeks.

ayush20m

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Go into iTunes. On the left side it should show your phone. Right click, restore to backup. There should be a drop-down menu where you can choose which backup to pick. Pay attention to the time of the backup. I had to go back a few weeks.

Correct me if I am wrong, backup has to be done manually and is different from sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.