facetime not avaliable even after restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ayush20m, Aug 2, 2010.

1. ayush20m macrumors newbie

I restored my jailbroken iphone 4 from 4.0 to 4.0.1. Even after the restore facetime is not working.

2. xMastemah macrumors member

3. ayush20m thread starter macrumors newbie

No such option available anymore

4. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

Check that.

Also when you did a restore did you 'set up as new phone' or revert to 'backup'?

If from backup check the time, if the time was AFTER you did the jailbreak you would need to either set up as a new phone, or revert to earlier backup. (time before the JB)

There are also several other solutions, including manually fixing the permissions, or the update in Cydia. Google fu is weak atm

5. scottuf macrumors 6502

6. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

I was getting a little concerend till i did this. Worked like a charm :) All i gatta say is: occam's razor

7. ayush20m thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a revert to "backup". I guess the backup was after the jb. How do I select a different backup?

I am no longer jb, so cant access cydia

8. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

Go into iTunes. On the left side it should show your phone. Right click, restore to backup. There should be a drop-down menu where you can choose which backup to pick. Pay attention to the time of the backup. I had to go back a few weeks.

9. ayush20m thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct me if I am wrong, backup has to be done manually and is different from sync.