FaceTime not detecting iSight Microphone

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by bpd115, Jul 3, 2011.

1. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

FaceTime, for me, is not detecting my external iSight Microphone.

It's working fine in system preferences for audio input source and in iChat.

FaceTime detects the iSight for video, but for audio I only have the option of Line in and Digital In.

Anyone else?

2. Howmanoid macrumors member

Howmanoid

Yup. Same problem here. Was working fine under 10.6.7 but since going to the GM of lion the iSight mic is not even listed under the "Video" menu in FaceTime. I tried creating a new audio source for it using WireTap Anywhere and that doesn't show in FT either. FaceTime vers is 1.1.

3. axu539 macrumors 6502a

The internal mic works for me. I am on a 2011 MBP, though. Have you tried zapping the PRAM and SMC?

4. bpd115 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bpd115

It's a Mac Pro so it doesn't have an internal mic. Also system preferences and iChat work fine and detect the mic. Looks like FaceTime will need an update.

5. hhaggis macrumors newbie

FaceTime no audio with original isight

Hi Everyone,
    I am getting the same on my Mac Pro with original isight.. make your way over to https://discussions.apple.com/message/15687174#15687174 and have a look... subject is... Facetime and external iSight - no sound input if you can't login and see it. Just login with your apple ID.. Best regards kevin sharkey

6. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Still no update for this? It was working perfect in snow leopard. Wtf? Now I'm regretting updating to Lion to use iCloud.

7. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Anyone else found a fix for this? I have the same problem :(