iPad Facetime not working (ipad 3, jb 5.1.1)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by puncho, May 3, 2014.

1. puncho macrumors member

Hi all, recently my facetime hasn't been working...wondering if anyone has/had the same issue. I know a few weeks ago I had to change my password, but I re-entered it and can get into facetime. However, when I dial, it dials, tries to connect, hangs for a while (trying to connect I'm assuming) and then disconnects. Been doing this to everyone I've tried to facetime ever since the pw change it seems. Thanks in advance!

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

This was a problem reported and verified for iOS 6 users so I guess the iOS 5 crowd are victims as well. Apple wants to add you to their list of happy iOS 7 adopters. That is what it will take for Facetime to work again.

My iPad 3 is still running iOS 5 and I don't use FT.

3. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Upgrade to iOS 7.

4. quadchick10 macrumors member

quadchick10

I noticed this week that my iPhone 4s on jailbroken on 6.0 OS is unable to FaceTime. Oh well...

5. puncho thread starter macrumors member

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

You lack the security update from 6.1.6 so that could be the issue

7. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

The certificate expired for devices running iOS previous to 6.1.6

8. chunheisiu macrumors newbie

chunheisiu

It is not possible to update to 6.1.6 with iPhone 4s, since it supports iOS 7.

The only device getting that is the iPod touch 4th gen, which is the only device that supports FaceTime but lacks iOS 7 support.

9. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

It's not so much force obsolecense as just dropped support. iOS 5 is just not supported anymore so, if functionality breaks Apple just doesn't have the personnel to maintain the old system. I have an old Powerbook on Leopard and feel this sting all the time. So you have to get creative.

I believe there is a profile floating around on the internet or in Cydia that replaces the expired certificate.